Complete Course level II fellowship
1st part: 6 weeks intensive training at the cmr-academy
2nd part: free study at home
On successful completion of this course, attendees
will be equipped with the theoretical and practical knowledge required to read
a wide variety of cmr studies and perform standardized examinations by
This level 2 fellowships covers the basics of CMR along with advanced education required to enable attendees to independently conduct standardized CMR examinations. It provides the preparation for routine clinical use of CMR with all necessary theoretical and practical background including workflow aspects. Courses are structured according to the “Level 2” - credentialling criteria.
Criteria for Credentials
This course fullfills the guidelines of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR).
More than 50 hours of CMR related coursework including
- CMR physics
- studies of biologic effects
- contrast agent mechanism and studies
- cardiovascular anatomy
- cadiovascular physiology and pathophysiology
- magnetic resonance techniques and pulse sequences
- CMR indications and methods of interpretation
- use of stress agents
- quality control
Supervised interpretation of more than 250 CMR studies representing the range of abnormalities observed in practice including both cardiac and vascular studies.
- Basics in physics
- Anatomy of the heart
- Assessment of left and right ventricular function
- CMR examination under dobutamine stress
- Perfusion measurements
- Diagnosis of myocardial infarction
- Imaging of the coronary arteries
- Diagnosis of valvular heart disease
- Diagnosis of neoplasia
- Imaging of thoracic and peripheral vessels
For more than 50 of these studies the trainee will perform the analysis and make the initial interpretation.
The participation fees for compact course will absorbed into participation fees for level 2 fellowships!